Visioscientiae is a spin-off of the University of Cagliari. Its foundations are in the deep skills and experience of the Department of Mathematics and Computers Science of this University in the research, development and deploy of industrial software platforms.
On top of this foundations, the company founders exploit their personal experience from one side in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data algorithms and technologies, and from the other side in the creation and leading of Hi-Tech companies.
Salvatore Mario Carta has been a Full Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari.
He received a PhD in Electronics and Computer Science from the University of Cagliari in 2003 and in 2005 joined Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari as Assistant Professor. In 2006 and 2007 he was guest researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology as invited Professor, hosted by Laboratoire des Systèmes Intégrés – LSI.
The current research activities of Salvatore Carta are focused in the following fields:
- AI Algorithms and platforms for road accidents prevention and smart mobility
- AI algorithms for financial forecasting and robo-trading
- Clustering algorithms, social media analysis, and text mining for behavioral pattern identification and recommendation in group of users and in single users
- AI algorithms for credit scoring, fraud detection and intrusion detection
- E-coaching platforms and AI algorithms for healthy lifestyles
He is author of more than 120 conference and journal papers in these research areas, with ~1700 certified citations, and is currently a member of the ACM and the IEEE organizations.
Before the founding of Visioscientae, he founded two other hi-tech companies:
- Everywhere Sport Srl (in 2013, he is currently shareholder and Chief Science Officer). It develops innovative AI algorithms and platforms for e-coaching. Its services are available through the u4fit platform (www.u4fit.com).
- Xorovo Srl (in 2008, he has been its CEO from 2008 to 2017). It gained a growing importance in the mobile applications and platforms market, and was acquired in 2017 by the multinational professional services firm Ernst & Young (doing business as EY).
Diego Reforgiato Recupero has been an Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari since December 2016.
Besides Visioscience, he co-founded SentiMetrix inc. (USA), R2M Solution s.r.l. (Italy), R2M Solution ltd (UK), BUP Solutions s.r.l. (Italy), and La Zenia s.r.l. (Italy)
He received a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Naples Federico II in 2004. From 2005 to 2008 he has been a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the University of Maryland College Park. He won different awards in his career (such as Marie Curie International Reintegration grant, Best Research Award from the University of Catania, Computer World Horizon Award).
His current research activities are focused in the following fields: Sentiment Analysis, Semantic Web, Natural Language Processing, Human Robot Interaction, Financial Technology, Smart Grid. In all of them Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data are key technologies employed to effectively solve several tasks.
He is author of more than 160 conference and journal papers in these research fields, with ~1900 certified citations.